Ten Amazing Foods

As a bit of a follow-up to last Wednesdays post,  I did some research and based on their nutritional and health benefits, compiled the following list of what I found to be the top 10 foods.

(In no specific order)

• Berries
  • Apples
  • Tomatoes
  • Broccoli
  • Almonds
  • Olive Oil
  • Salmon
  • Whole grains
  • Yogurt
  • Citrus Fruits

Do you agree/disagree?

What are your picks for top 10?

Bon appetite !!!

Monica

Comments

1. LORENA : TRAVEL DESIGNERY says:

just found your site..now following!..hope you can follow back also if you like mine? i just started so i'd really appreciate it :-)
    xoxo from NY!

TRAVEL DESIGNERY

p.s. my 2 faves are olive oil and almonds but they're all yummy!

2. Arlee Bird says:

Now following– thanks for stopping by my site.

According to various medical newsletters I receive, you've named the top ten best foods to eat although I've also seen Beans (especially garbanzos) and quinoa mentioned.

Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

3. damyantiwrites says:

Most of these are on my regular menu. Glad to know you like them!

4. Thisisme. says:

Yes, I agree with those, although Brazil Nuts are supposed to be very good, because they contain Selenium and, only this week, there has been a big thing about Walnuts being really good to ward off all sort of illnesses. They say you just need to eat 7 a day. Another one that is mentioned over here in England quite a lot, is Beetroot. Also, Pomegranite Juice was supposed to be excellent, but it is very expensive over here!!

5. All of the above are my staples. I would add Kale, Spinach, brown rice, kamut, quinoa, beans & honey. Lots of good food out there!

6. Jessica Bell says:

Ah … you gotta add carrots too! Raw! :o) Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm now following you too :o)

7. Jen Daiker says:

Ooo you've got a ton of great foods listed! I'm not a tomato fan or a salmon fan but you definitely covered the others!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm a co-host of the A-Z Challenge so if you need anything, anything at all don't hesitate to ask! I look forward to your April posts!

8. Pegasuslegend says:

Couldn't agree with you more agree with Lorena about the beans… they are a great source of protein and would be an addition for me too!

9. Those foods are all awesome for me, except salmon (I don't eat meat or fish). Berries are my favourite!

10. Tammilee says:

Hi
    I am a new fan from the blog hop
    Tammilee

11. HI Monica! Lovely to 'meet' you, thanks for finding my blog, am very glad I found yours too.

Berries, salmon and olive oil…definitely on my list. ;-)

Happy Writing and good luck with the A to Z blogfest!

12. ~Nicole Ducleroir~ says:

Great list! I'd add dark chocolate, probably as a #11. :D Thanks for the follow! Looking forward to the A-Z Blogfest too, but I haven't prepared one entry yet! Yikes! I'll definitely have my work cut out for me in April.

See you there!

13. Hi Monica,
    Thanks for visiting me; Nice to meet you~ Great list, but you forgot dark leafy greens(spinach, kale, collards) and dark chocolate! Now, I am hungry ;-D

14. Sig Wynne-Evans says:

Hmmm…..Looks like my typical grocery list!! YUMMY!!!

Sig

15. N. R. Williams says:

You've got my favorites at the top, berries, blue, red, black…yum, yum. I'm following.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

16. Patricia Stoltey says:

Yes, especially blueberries.

Thanks for dropping by my blog — A to Z is so great for making new friends.

17. Catherine Lavoie says:

Thanks for the follow Monica! I really enjoy your blog! :) I love everything on your list except tomatoes (fresh ones make me run and hide! lol) See you around the A-Z!

18. Lynda R Young says:

Berries and salmon are my favourites :)

19. I hope I get healthier by following your blog! I love it here already!

KarenG

20. Clarissa Draper says:

Cool blog! My husband would have steak, sausages and every other type of meat added to the list. Me, I want my daily dose or two of Tim Hortons.

21. The Owl Nest says:

Not a big fruit fan – apples, blackberries, and blueberries are my limit as far as fruits go.

Can't digest whole grains … genetic thing.

HATE SALMON – personal thing :-)

I do like fresh veggies and yogurt: raw preferably.

What???? No red wine or chocolate???? These two things are a {{{must}}}. LOL

Val

22. Spoon and Chopsticks says:

Hi Monica

Thanks for visiting my blog.

That's a nice list of 10 amazing foods you've got there. I should keep that in mind. I like all of them. Awesome!

23. Rosalind Adam says:

Hi, it was lovely to meet you over on my blog. I love the idea of checking out amazing foods. I would have to add yogurt and melon (mixed up in the same dish) which I try to have a bowl of every day.

24. L.A. Colvin says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following you now too. We eat all those listed. Several years ago we switched to olive oil only and saw a huge change in our health. The only things I would add are spinach, dark chocolate and tequila. hehe see ya around the A-Z

25. Angela Felsted says:

I like berries, they're scrumptious.

26. Cherie Reich says:

I love berries, but they're so expensive to buy often. Great list. And, thanks for the follow. I'm following you too. Look forward to your A to Z posts.

27. Hart Johnson says:

I even LIKE all those! Though I wish some of them were more affordable, and on the salmon one, I wish the rest of my family liked it… hmph…

28. salarsenッ says:

Hi there! Thanks for visiting Writers' Ally and following. I'm part of your crew now. Looking forward to cyber-chatting.

I'm a yogurt fanatic…with granola. LOL

29. Laura Eno says:

Great list! *sniffling over chocolate missing*
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and joining! I'll see you during the A to Z challenge.

30. Karen Peterson says:

I love everything on this list. But for unknown reasons, I can't eat broccoli.

31. Oh- I just happen to love those 10 healthy foods!
    BUT- I also love these ten foods: Chocolate, caffeine,sugar, salt,chips, pizza, donuts, nachos el grande, cheeseburgers and movie theater popcorn.
    I'm screwed, aren't I?
    Good luck with the A to Z Challenge! I'll be checking in with you!

32. Amy Wood says:

Great list and I do agree. Thanks for checking out my blog. I've been neglecting posting on it because I've been so busy trying to get ready for A-Z. It came up so fast. Looking forward to checking out your posts!

33. Pampered Patty says:

Hi there!

Thanks for the visit on my blog, love the color of yours! Looking forward to your posts.

34. Melissa Bradley says:

Hi Monica! All these foods are yummy to me, but salmon. I have not been able to find any way of eating it that tastes good to me. This nutritional info is great and I've bookmarked it. Thanks for the follow and I look forward to coming back here. :)

35. Hello Monica, pleasure to meet you & I look forward to reading more from during the A to Z Challenge. Best Wishes.

36. Hi Monica, Nice to meet you. Looking forward to the A-Z Challenge too. Oh and I like all ten of these foods. I am odd out!!

37. Hilary Melton-Butcher says:

Hi Monica .. thanks for coming over – I'm here signed up etc!! Food – fresh.. preferably from the bush .. rare .. but I do go to a Farm shop ..

Great to meet you – and it'll be fun to communicate re Care etc .. after the A – Z challenge .. cheers Hilary

38. Karen Walker says:

Hi Monica,
    Nice to "meet" you thru the challenge. I did click the follow you button. Thanks for visiting today.
    Karen

39. RaShelle says:

Totally agree. Love all of those foods. Yum. =D

40. J.L. Campbell says:

Good combination of stuff to have. I should have more of them. Glad to meet you!

41. Pk Hrezo says:

Nice to meet you, Monica. I could live on olive oil, tomatoes, almonds, broccoli, salmon, and grains. Yum-o!

42. kathy stemke says:

Great list, but you forgot dark chocolate and ice cream! Thanks for the follow, I'm now following you too. Let's go A-Z blog challenge!

43. Thanks for following, I'm following you back. Let the stress begin! Why does fish always have to be on the healthy list??

44. A great list and one I should be following more often. Good comments on other healthy foods, very useful.:)
    Madison
    My Meddling Mind

45. Hi Monica!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and following. I'm looking forward to this challenge as a "do or die" sort of kick in the ass for me. For a while there, I was writing without fear, but the more "real" writers I met, the more hesitant I became…enough of that! I'm going to just push "publish post" for the next month and we'll see what happens! Here's to the journey together. I'm following you too.
    Tina

46. Kristal Lee says:

Thanks for stopping by and following. I've been waylaid with writer's elbow and for the last two weeks haven't been able to write new blog post. I hope I can keep up with the A-Z Challenge. I might have to stick with blog hopping visits in lieu of posting. We'll see.
    ~k

47. Olivia J. Herrell says:

Hi Monica, nice to meet you! Look forward to seeing more of you through A-Z!

that rebel, Olivia

48. Jen Chandler says:

Hi Monica! Thanks so much for stopping by and following! I really appreciate it. I'm now following you as well. Best of luck in the Challenge. I'm looking forward to the (daunting) task and, dare I say, a bit nervous?

Very nice to meet you!
    Here's to an awesome April,
    Jen

49. Theres just life says:

Hi Monica, I like your list, but I agree the 11th one should be chocolate. Dark chocolate is really good…ah, good for you.
    Thanks for following,I am now following back.

A to Z challenge is starting in less than 3 hours…are you ready for the madness.

50. Name: Luana Krause says:

Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm following you and am looking forward to the blogging challenge. I also LOVE berries.

51. I totally agree with your list! The problem is, I usually pair all of those with something fried or dipped in chocolate. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Now following.

52. Summer Ross says:

Thanks for the comment on my blog (My Inner Fairy)
    I really like berries.

53. Crystal Mary says:

You have made a great choice.
    Blessings from Australia

54. Christy LaShea says:

Monica, thanks for the follow – and I forgot about the A-Z challenge! I agree, you've pulled some good choices on power foods. I'm not crazy about tomatoes either… unless in the form of ketchup ;)

55. Alison Stevens says:

I teach a nutrition course, and you've got the powerhouses listed.

Thanks for the follow!

56. Madeleine says:

I agree. Lemons for example, have a whole host of great properties I read recently. :O)

57. Elaine AM Smith says:

Umm! You have a the foods I love listed here.I could survive on that list apart from cauliflower and carrots which I would be devastated to never eat again. And chocolate ;)

58. Marie Rearden says:

Hiya, Monica! Thanks for visiting The Flying Cheetah. I know your blog's for me when the first post I read deals with food. :)

I've always heard eggs are a super food. Perfect protein. But your list is great. I just wish I could force myself to eat salmon. Get rid of the smell, and I'm golden.

Marie at the Cheetah

59. I'd add spinach, although I've really been loving Greek yogurt lately. I've found one that isn't loaded with high fructose corn syrup and dyes.

I Love Comments