~ A – Z Challenge 2011 ~ the letter “B”

A - Z  Challenge 2011.

I LOVE to cook and bake so I thought I would do recipes for the A – Z  Challenge 2011.  They’re all tried, tested and true and I hope you enjoy them!!

This was my Mom’s recipe – it’s simple, it’s easy and it’s so delicious!!

“B”
Mom’s Banana Bread
1 cup white sugar
3 ripe bananas
4 Tbsp. melted butter
1 1/2  cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 egg

In a medium bowl sift together flour, salt and baking soda.  Set aside.  In a large bowl mash bananas to a thin consistency. Add sugar and egg to mashed bananas, using a FORK, combine well.  Add melted butter and combine, again using the fork.  Add dry ingredients, stir with fork until well combined and scrape into loaf pan (which has been prepared with cooking spray).  Bake at 350 degrees F. for 55 – 65 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.  Cool 10 minutes in pan, remove from pan and enjoy!!

Comments

1. The Words Crafter says:

Oh my gosh, I love nearly any kind of banana bread! This looks yummy AND simple, thanks for the recipe!

2. Hi Monica! GREAT idea for the A-Z :D I love banana bread. so, SO much. it makes me very happy. :)

3. Penned Pebbles says:

Must try this one! Thank you! Happy A2Z2U

4. Hmmm…I'm not much of a banana bread eater, but my Hubs likes it, so this would definitely be something I'd make for him!

5. Thanks for the recipe, I think I will have a go at this!

6. Rebecca Bradley says:

Sounds lovely!

7. looks like something I could try…visiting through A-Z…different and nice b post.

8. I love making (and eating) banana bread. My recipe is very close to yours, except I also add a teaspoon of vanilla. :)

Great recipe to share – very simple to make and oh-so-delicious!

9. Siv Maria says:

This is one of my all time favorites! I usually keep my eyes open for the over riped bananas in the store and some places even save them for me. They are FREE :)

10. Siv Maria says:

Sharing this post to all I come across with word verification-***** I want to read and visit as many people participating in the A-Z challenge but there are over 1000 participants. Awesome yes, possible for me to visit every person, every day…no. Do the world a huge favor and take off your word verification. If you don't know how to do that…click the following link to learn how. I will not comment on anyone that has word verification on. Thanks! *****

11. That sounds delicious, I actually have some bananas that are in need of turning into banana bread now lol

12. Kris Yankee says:

This is very much like a recipe I received from a friend. I bet yours is just as yummy as mine.

13. Clarissa Draper says:

Thanks for the recipe. I love Banana Bread.

14. K.C. Woolf says:

Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to experiment to see if I can make it without the sugar and still get it to taste good. :-)

15. Judy Harper says:

The bread sounds delicious! Looking forward to reading and blogging with you on A-Z!

16. Michelle Gregory says:

how fun. A-Z recipes. i love banana bread, just never take the time to make it.

17. Susan May James says:

Clever idea for B! And useful…I love banana bread:0)
    Thanks for the follow on my blog, this a-z challenge is going to be fun. It's a great way to find new fellow bloggers.

18. Yumm. I adore Banana bread and will try this one later today. (I have a Sunday baking session penciled in for this afternoon} I love the post and thank you for popping in to mine.

smiles for miles.
    Soooz

19. Heather Henry says:

Fun idea for the A-Z. Yum! Can't wait to see what every letter brings.
    Banana bread, yummy! Always a hit, thanks for the recipe. I have some very, very ripe (black) bananas. Perfect! :)

20. Tessa Conte says:

oooh banana bread is my FAVOURITE!!!

Hmmm… maybe I'll post a recipe or two for the A-Z challenge, too..

Tessa.xx

ps. new follower, here!

21. Brianna says:

I'll keep this recipe to try. I like that it doesn't have a lot of ingredients :)

22. Dawn Embers says:

I like making banana bread. Though my stepdad likes it even more. He loves eating the bread so every few weeks I try to make some for him. It's fun and a good B topic.

23. Tori Cooper says:

Mmm… yummy! Definitely gotta try this one… I love Banana Bread! I had a great recipe years back & lost it so I have been looking for another good one! Thanks for stopping by my page…!

24. Murees Dupé says:

Great recipe! My mom also makes a great banana bread and I must say banana bread is delicious.

25. I love fresh bananas but for some reason I'm not so keen when they're cooked in any form – I hate banana 'flavoured' things, too! However, my daughter is a great one for whipping up banana bread – I'll pass this recipe to her! ;-)

SueH I refuse to go quietly!

26. Margaret Hall says:

Yum!!! Love banana bread and want to NOW make some…lol…I love your postings and thanks for sharing…
    Happy blogging..See you for "C"

27. Patricia Stoltey says:

Yum! One of my favorite things. Just last week I guest posted at Epicurean Vegan blog with my vegan banana blueberry muffins, and they're yummy too. Check out the recipe at: Epicurean Vegan

28. Melissa Sarno says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Too bad my fiance doesn't eat banana bread. Actually…that just means more for me! :-) I'll be stopping by to look at more A-Z recipes. Great idea!

29. Mmmmm…this looks delicious! I love banana bread…so does the rest of my family!

Carla

30. That certainly is a delicious and easy recipe…used it many times! it does turn out much better using a fork,too!!

31. Karen Peterson says:

My grandmother used to have an amazing banana bread recipe but we can't find it. This one sounds good!

32. Retired Knitter says:

Sounds yummy. I must try it.

I Love Comments