I have a confession to make, I am totally addicted to making muffins and will very often make them several times a week!
I recently had a container of sour cream that was soon due to expire. So, as any muffinaholic would do, I started scouring my “sources” for a muffin recipes that use sour cream.
Below is a variation on the recipe I found at, allrecipes.com. The only changes I made were to use the conversion chart and make only 12 muffins and as some reviewers suggested, I added more blueberries. The result was a spectacular muffin that was delicious and light as a feather!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and spray 12 large muffin cups or line with cupcake papers.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl whisk eggs and gradually add sugar, continue whisking until pale yellow in colour.
- Continue whisking while slowly pouring in oil and then vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture, alternating with the sour cream.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for ~ 20 minutes.
- (I whisked and combined the ingredients by hand as I find this method produces a much more delicate muffin.)
Do you and your family like muffins?
What are your favourite types to make or to eat?