Since they know that’s a mouthful, they’re using a few other hashtags to talk about the events this week on Twitter: #NOTDAW, #BeADonor and of course,#4Eva.
As you may also know, April is Donate Life Month in the US as well, so no matter where you are in North America, take some time this week to reflect on organ donation & the value of registering as a donor!
At 65_RedRoses campaign headquarters they are working on a FREE organ donation app #4Eva. It will make it easy to find out how to sign up as a donor anywhere in North America. They’re also totally excited to finally have the new cut of the film available in Canada (the ultra-eco one is shipping now). All sales of the DVD and other materials based on Cyrus photos and Eva’s designs support the outreach campaign. The pair also did the gorgeous photo series that form BC Tranplant’s
Watch the trailer below and be sure to tune in to OWN on May 3rd, at 7PM, EST to “Meet the girl who inspired millions with her love”.
Here are a few great activities happening this week for #NOTDAW:
- BC Transplant is offering a $50 gift card to anyone who shares their Facebook status, “I’m Registered, Are YOU? https://transplant.bc.ca/OnlineReg/bcts.asp.” Visit their Facebook Page for more info!
- Donate Life is on a campaign to register 20 million Americans as organ donors in 2012. Visit their page for more info!
- Trillium Gift of Life is tracking organ donation rates in communities around Ontario- check out their statistics!
- Also watch Trillium’s video on their Gift of 8 movement!
- Life Pass It On in Nova Scotia held an awareness-raising hockey game yesterday to kick off the week- watch this CBC video story on the event!
And here is a wonderful story to read and share about a North Vancouver double-lung transplant recipient and CF warrior in today’s The Province.
Do you know of other organ donation awareness events this week? Share them here on Facebook and they’ll help to spread the word!
Please also share the #4Eva campaign!
The information contained in this post is from the 65 Red Roses website.