Physical activity is something that everyone can do. You don’t need to run a marathon or spend hours at a gym. Look for simple ways to be physically active every day.
- Take a walk once a day
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Spend less time in front of the television or computer
- Play actively with your kids
- Walk, wheel or cycle for short trips
- Find out about walking and cycling paths nearby and use them
To help you become more active in your every day life, consult Tips to Get Active for children, youth, adults and older adults. These are designed to help you make wise choices about physical activity; choices that will improve your health, help prevent disease and allow you to get the most out of life.
The information contained in this post was obtained from the Health Canada website.