I’ve been seeing lots of great tips for keeping the little ones safe this Halloween. Being a mom of grown children, I started searching for tips to keep all the young adults safe too.
Photo credit – gaudiramone, on Flickr (CC)
1. If you live in an apartment or house, know who is staying at your place if you’re having guests over. If you have roommates, get to know their guests too.
2. If you have teens – get the phone numbers of the other teens going out with your son or daughter. Keep the numbers handy just in case you need them.
3. If of legal drinking age, don’t leave your drink unattended, and never accept a drink from someone you don’t know.
4. Don’t walk alone at night; travel in a group at all times and never travel with someone you don’t know.
5. If visiting a university/college campus familiarize yourself with your surroundings. Know where you’re staying and where the campus security office can be found. Even if you think you know the campus and where you are, it’s easy to get turned around after a few drinks.
6. Don’t leave home without a working, fully charged cell phone so you can dial 911 or call for help in the event of an emergency.
7. If you find yourself at a party where you don’t know a lot of people or the crowd seems sketchy, grab your friends and get out. Call it a night or go to a party with more of your friends and people you know.
Keep safe and have a fun and spooky night!
Do you have any tips you would like to add, just leave them in the comment section below!
Some of the listed tips were found at FastWeb.