I make this Breakfast Bake for just about every special occasion we celebrate (also known as Christmas Morning “Wife” Saver, but I call it Christmas Morning “Husband” Saver!) Christmas, Easter, overnight guests, brunch, when we are in the mood for this easy dish I will whip it up. It is a “go to” dish in our home and once you make it, will soon become a standard in your home too!
Perfect served with cut up juice or fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls and lots of freshly brewed coffee!
- 18-20 slices of egg bread (or other) crust removed
- Cooked ham, sausage meat, crumbled Canadian or regular bacon
- 3 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups whole or 2% milk
- Crumb Topping:
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- Cover completely with bread, the bottom of a 9" x 13" buttered glass baking dish. Sprinkle the cooked meat over the bread, sprinkle the cheese over the meat and then cover the cheese with the remaining bread to form a very large 'sandwich".
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, salt, pepper, mustard, onion, Worcestershire sauce and milk. Pour mixture over "sandwich". Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning mix crushed corn flakes and melted butter together. Remove pan from fridge and sprinkle corn lake and butter mixture over the top of the "sandwich".
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree F. oven for 1 hour. Serve with fresh-cut up fruit and hot cinnamon rolls.
Hope you enjoy! If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask; I will do my very best to answer them!
Do you have any “go to” breakfast recipes that you like to make? Tell me about them, I love to hear all about what other people love to cook!