Like the Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe I posted a few weeks ago, I have made these Pudding Oatmeal Cookies for what seems like forever! I am pretty sure I got this recipe from my mom, but I am not sure where she discovered it. However, I do remember, as a child we would we often had pudding for dessert. Because of the somewhat unusual addition of a pudding mix to these cookies, I suspect the recipe may have been on the pudding box or in an advertisement in a magazine.
Like the Chocolate Chip Cookies, I have made these since I was 12 or 13. I don’t make them as often as the chocolate chip variety, but a few times a year someone in the house will request oatmeal cookies. They are easy to make, moist, chewy and delicious!
I admit I don’t always do this, but, it is a good practice to gather all your ingredients before beginning. That way you don’t get half way through a recipe and discover you are missing an ingredient.
Beat sugars, butter, pudding mix and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
Using a fork, flatten cookies slightly before baking.
Chewy and delicious; perfect with a cold glass of milk or a steaming cup of tea or coffee!
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package vanilla INSTANT pudding (4 servings size)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut
- 3½ cups oatmeal
- Combine flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Combine butter, both sugars, vanilla, vanilla pudding mix and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour mixture, then coconut and then oatmeal, beat until well combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon full onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, flatten cookie dough slightly
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for approximately 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Do not over bake!
This recipe makes approximately 4 dozen good-sized cookies!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and as always, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask.