I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
I have two sisters and even though we live in neighbouring communities, we often feel we don’t see each other enough. I love my entire family, but trust me, few things compare to the laid back quality time I have with my sisters. We catch up, unwind and laugh until our cheeks ache!
In recent years we have been getting together each summer for a week long sister’s camping trip. Camping with your sisters for a week may not be everyone’s idea of a good time, but we truly love it. For us, it’s not about the camping, it’s about spending time together. It’s about sitting around a campfire; reminiscing, laughing and sometimes crying. It’s about linking arms and giggling during a five minute hike to the bathroom at 3AM or halfheartedly playing scrabble as we talk through our biggest joys and fears.
Ever since we have been going on the “sisters” camping trip, we have been getting together a few months ahead of time to nail down the details. (I guess I’m not the only Type A in the family…lol) Even though the world outside my windows is snow white and the temperature is in the minus double digits…I have camping on my mind!
So, I have decided it is time to call my sisters, brew up a pot or two of coffee, make some delicious muffins and get this camping trip organized. At the same time, I am featuring a #collectivebias commitment, and being a type A personality, I’m all about the multitasking!
For the muffins I decided to make a tried and true favourite of ours, Strawberry Jam Filled Muffins, I love these and I knew my sisters would too. I was missing a few essential ingredients so I took a quick run to Sobeys for flour, jam and coffee.
I love to bake and entertain; and while I don’t mind investing the time and effort, I do expect a high quality result. I learned a long time ago, if you want an exceptional result, you need to bake with top of the line, quality products.
For years I have only used Robin Hood flour when baking, I love the consistent excellence of the resulting products. When baking (or cooking), you need to use ingredients that can stand on their own, this is no time for scrimping. I only put Smucker’s jams and jellies on my toast, so naturally, when baking, Smucker’s is also my go to product. As for coffee, the same holds true. That cup or two (or three or four) of java is what kicks starts my day and what I often serve to guests, so it needs to be exceptional.
Are you longing for a heavenly cup of coffee and a scrumptious muffin yet? Want to invite your sisters or bff’s over for some quality time?
I like to gather all of my ingredients before beginning beginning a recipe. This way I am certain I have everything I need.
One more muffin to finish and these will be ready to pop in the oven.
The finished product!
You can whip these treats up in no time, just follow this simple recipe and the tips below.
- 2½ cups Robin Hood all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- ⅔ cup strawberry yogurt (DO NOT use reduced fat)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Smucker’s strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- Insert paper liners into muffin tins or spritz tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Robin Hood all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy, beat in egg. Add sugar, milk, yogurt, vanilla.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon enough batter into prepared muffin pan to fill cups just under half full. (I used roughly a rounded tablespoon of batter for the bottom of the tin and another rounded tablespoon on top of the jam)
- Spoon about ½ tsp (2 mL) of jam in the centre of each cup and top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 min or until tops are firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan for 5 min.
- Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Tips for brewing the perfect cup of coffee -
- Whether you’re brewing coffee for a small gathering, or for your own morning cup, use Folgers Cups Calculator to figure out how much water and Folgers® Coffee you need.
- Choose your coffee: If you like milder coffee, go with Folgers Classic Roast®. Or, if you prefer a dark blend, you might want to try Black Silk®.
- Properly storing your Folgers® Coffee will help you preserve the best flavour. Folgers recommend storing their ground coffee in the refrigerator with the lid tightly closed.
- For best results, serve immediately after brewing, or transfer your coffee to a thermal carafe.
- Don’t boil or reheat coffee. It cooks out all of the delicate flavours and leaves behind a bitter taste.
- Never mix old coffee grounds with new.
- Don’t forget that Folgers® AromaSeal® containers and lids are recyclable.
I hope you whip up some treats, put a big pot of coffee on to brew and spend some quality time with your family, sisters or bff! As always, if you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will do my very best to answer.
Who do you like to enjoy a cup of coffee and a yummy treat with?