PRESIDENT’S CHOICE CHILDREN’S CHARITY CELEBRATES SILVER ANNIVERSARY, MARKS $100 MILLION IN GRANTS
President’s Choice Children’s Charity (PCCC), one of the largest corporate charities in Canada, is celebrating its 25th anniversary and the achievement of having granted $100 million helping more than 1.8 million children since 1989.
PCCC provides grants to families whose children have physical or developmental disabilities, and to nutrition programs that fight childhood hunger.
To mark its 25 years in operation and its $100 million in grants, President’s Choice Children’s Charity documented the real mornings of families and schools. This moving video beautifully illustrate the charity’s efforts to help kids do anything.
The video, titled Real Mornings, is available on YouTube to view and share.
President’s Choice Children’s Charity will donate $1 or one meal to help kids do anything for every time the video is shared, to a total of $1-million or half-a-million meals.
The video brings the following wonderful stories to life:
- Zach who is a triplet, one of five kids. He was born with cerebral palsy. Physical therapy and specialized education programs help him keep up with his siblings.
- Klein who relies on his family’s wheelchair accessible van to help him and his family go more places together.
- Waverley was born with Rett Syndrome, which limits her ability to communicate. Her tablet, a custom app and special training help give her a voice.
- St. Mary Catholic School was founded in 1854 and serves a diverse community in the downtown area of Toronto. More than 70 per cent of its students take part in their snack program.
- The Niji Mahkwa School in Winnipeg integrates traditional and cultural teachings. More than 75 per cent of its students rely on the breakfast program offered at the school.
“We thank each of the families and schools who provided their unscripted moments for our video. They haven’t just captured our hearts, they capture the spirit of our charity.” Peggy Hornell, Executive Director, President’s Choice Children’s Charity
A small share makes a HUGE difference!
To view and share (be sure to use #pccchelpskids), go to YouTube and search “Real Mornings” or click here.
Facebook: President’s Choice