When it comes to spending time with your little trick-or-treaters, there is no yummier way than making some super easy Halloween treats, like these Halloween Rice Krispies Squares.
These are so simple to make that even the littlest ghost or goblin will be able to help, feeling a part of the fun process. All I did was take the recipe for Rice Krispies Squares that you find on the box and add some Halloween themed candies.
I used some black and orange jelly beans but just about any themed candy would work. (In all honesty, I found the jelly beans looked great but were a bit difficult to slice through when cutting into squares).
You could also use:
- Candy corn
- Halloween M&M
- Mellocreme pumpkins
- Fall Gummi bears
- Orange & brown chopped, dried fruit (e.g. raisins & apricots)
You get the idea…anything suitable for the holiday would work. My only caution would be to avoid chocolate or chocolate coated candy. The marshmallow mixture will be quite hot and will melt the chocolate, making a bit of a hot mess!
Here is the step by step and handy recipe for my Halloween inspired Rice Krispies Squares.
Gather your ingredients. You don’t want to discover midway that you are missing something. Trust me, I have been there!
Melt butter over low heat.
Add marshmallows and keep stirring, over low heat, until they are completely melted.
Keep a close eye on the heat and keep stirring, you don’t want it scorch or burn.
When the marshmallows have melted, remove from heat, add your vanilla and stir to combine.
Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir well to completely combine cereal and marshmallow mixture.
Add candy/fruit, stir until completely combined and evenly distributed throughout cereal and marshmallow mixture.
Dump mixture into well buttered 9″ x 13″ pan.
Using buttered offset spatula or back of large spoon press mixture evenly into pan.
Allow mixture to cool and then cut into squares.
The finished product, fit for all vampires and zombies!
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 250 gm bag miniature marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 5¾ cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup of Halloween themed candy or dried fruit (see suggestions in post)
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat
- Add vanilla, stir
- Add cereal, stir well to completely combine.
- Add candy/fruit, stir well to completely combine.
- Dump mixture into well buttered 9’x13″ pan,
- Using buttered offset spatula or large spoon press mixture evenly into pan.
- Cut into squares
- Makes approximately 24 squares
Kellogg’s would love to see your spooky creations so be sure to share them on social media using the hashtag #RiceKrispiesHalloween.
Be careful when trick-or-treating and have a safe and Happy Halloween!