Thank goodness summer has finally arrived! School is out, the days are less structured, the sun is shining and the barbecue is getting a great workout. I love the relaxed, easy-going vibe of summer!
This year President’s Choice© invites you to expect more from summer, from the food we eat, to the experiences we share. More sunny days. More spontaneity. More laughter. More human connection. And more food that makes these human connections complete.
Some of this summer’s “must try” items include:
PC® Double Decker Burger – Build your own Double Decker with these thin patties and pair with PC Double Decker buns.
PC® Double Decker Bun – A classic bun with a twist that lets you build the ultimate burger of your choosing.
Product Tip – Pair two patties with specially made PC® Double Decker Burger Buns spread with PC Not-So-Secret Sauce; top patties with a cheese slice, shredded lettuce, pickles and chopped onion.
PC® Pink Lemonade Square – A sweet and slightly tart pink lemonade custard, baked on top of a buttery golden sugar crust.
And what about this showstopper! This easy to make Deep Dish Watermelon Ice Cream Cake is made with PC® Ice Cream Shop Watermelon Crunch Ice Cream!
Perfect for a crowd, always-popular ice cream cakes have a long freeze time, but very little hands-on prep time. An easy chocolate cookie crumb crust and watermelon ice cream make an impressive version when topped with kid-appealing sprinkles.
- 2 tubs (each 946 mL) PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Watermelon Crunch Ice Cream
- 2 pkgs (each 350 g) PC “Eat The Middle First” Cookies
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- ¼ cup (50 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sprinkles
- Transfer ice cream to bowl; place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until soft enough to handle.
- Place cookies in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs. Press crumbs into bottom and up side of 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Scrape softened ice cream into cookie crust. Using back of large spoon, push ice cream down to remove any air pockets. Smooth top with knife or offset spatula; place in freezer.
- Pour whipping cream into bowl; whip with electric beaters until medium peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in sugar until combined.
- Remove cake from freezer; top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Return to freezer for 4 to 6 hours or overnight until frozen. Before serving, let sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
President’s Choice© invites you to expect more this summer!
To stay up to date with all the President’s Choice news this summer, you can stay connected via: