Summer is in full swing and I don’t know about you, but for me, nothing says summer like ice-cream. Whether it’s a single scoop in a cone after a ballgame or a full-fledged fancy dessert party, nothing is more evocative of summer than ice-cream!
I love the relaxed, easy-going vibe of summer ice-cream desserts. Be it a Deep Dish Watermelon Ice Cream Cake or a make your own sundae complete with waffle bowls, toppings and various flavours, ice-cream is always a perfect dessert.
Some of this summer’s “must try” ice-cream flavours include:
- PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Sprinkle Party Cake Ice Cream – Vanilla ice cream with vanilla icing ripple, pound cake pieces and coloured candy sprinkles.
- PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Elk™ Crossing Ice Cream – Vanilla-flavoured ice cream with a thick fudge ripple and chocolatey peanut butter cups.
- PC Creamfirst Chocolate Fudge Crackle Peanut Butter & Chocolate Ice Cream – With cream as its first ingredient, you get all the richness you desire from an ice cream. Featuring lush peanut butter and chocolate ice cream generously laden with ribbons of chocolate fudge, it’s a real taste experience.
- PC Cream First Ice Cream ~ Vanilla Bean – Premium vanilla ice cream made with cream, natural vanilla extract, natural flavour and crushed vanilla beans.
- Plus many, many, more!
You will also want to grab some cones, waffle dishes and toppings to go with all the ice cream available at your local Loblaws store. Some of my favourites are:
- PC Dulce de Leche Caramel Creme Spread – This deliciously rich, smooth spread is made with authentic ingredients including whole milk, sugar and vanilla, cooked gently and slowly for 3 hours until thick, creamy and caramelized. This classic South American treat is delectable on bread or toast, waffles, crepes, ice cream, cookies, cakes and as a dip for fruit. Imported from Argentina.
- PC Organics Canadian Wild Blueberries – Use these luscious, ripe blueberries in place of fresh fruit in smoothies, milkshakes, muffins, pies and desserts or as a topping for cereal, yogurt and ice cream.
- PC Chocolate Syrup Ice Cream and Dessert Topping – This delectable syrup adds a rich, chocolate flavour to ice cream and any other dessert you choose. Its uses are limited only by your imagination, and amazingly, it has less than 1g of fat per serving!
- PC English-style Gingersnap – Made with a zesty hint of real ginger and baked according to a traditional English-style recipe, delectable gingersnaps are ideal for serving with afternoon tea or pairing with vanilla ice cream. (I love these cookies crushed over vanilla ice-cream!)
This year President’s Choice© invites you to expect more from summer, From the food we eat, to the experiences we share. More sunny days. More spontaneity. More laughter. More human connection. And more food that makes these human connections complete.
Perfect for the kids and adults alike, when you are looking for a stress free, delicious and satisfying dessert, you cannot go wrong with ice-cream.
To stay up to date with all the President’s Choice news, you can connect via:
President’s Choice is giving one lucky reader a $50.00 Gift Card to buy ingredients for your own ice-cream party!