I can hardly believe that in just a few days, Santa arrives! Are you all ready for the big day? I am not! However; somehow, someway, it will all be finished before the 25th.
This is such a fun, but busy time of the year. I love to bake and have already made a big batch of Pecan & Cranberry Sandies, as well as a large pan of Christmas themed Hello Dolly Squares.
I was looking for one more sweet to have tucked away in the freezer when I came across a recipe in the PC Insiders Collection.
The recipe is for Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Blondie Bars. C’mon, just reading the name of the recipe I can tell they will be totally decadent!
Another thing that I often like to do when I have baked is to package up a few treats for family or friends. The gift of baking is perfect for anyone who otherwise would have no home cooking to enjoy. It is a gift from the heart and it’s easy to wrap up a batch for someone you love.
Another great gift idea is to arrange a basket with the recipe and ingredients for the bakers on your list.
These Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Blondie Bars are guaranteed to become a family favourite! The PC Speculoos Cookie Butter is full of Belgium’s favourite spiced cookie and is perfect sandwiched between chewy PC Blondie Bars and decadent PC 70% Dark Chocolate.
I like to gather all of my ingredients before starting to bake. I have found by experience that this saves running to the store midway through baking to pick up a missing ingredient!
To prevent cooking your whisked egg, add your melted butter gradually to the egg mixture.
Switch to a spatula and gently add your dry ingredients. Don’t overmix or you may end up with a tough Blondie.
I pressed the mixture into the pan with my fingers. If you find the dough is a little sticky, very lightly dampen your fingers and the dough won’t stick.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. As you can see…I poked mine twice!
I could sit with a spoon and eat the cookie butter straight from the jar…
…and I could eat this delicious, billowy mixture straight from the bowl…YUM!
Chocolate, more chocolate and butter. You know these bars will be amazing!
I may, or may not have stuck my finger into that glorious stream of molten chocolate!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pkg. PC Blondie Bars Mix
- 1 cup PC Speculoos Cookie Butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 PC Dark Chocolate 70% tablet, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 8x8” baking pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the edges slightly.
- Whisk together egg and water.
- Whisk in butter.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula stir in cinnamon and blondie mix (set aside the chocolate chips from the package) until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press into bottom of the pan. (I found using my fingers worked well)
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Soften the cookie butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Beat in the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread over the cooled blondies.
- Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate, reserved chocolate chips and butter in the microwave just until it starts to melt.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over the bars.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Lift out the parchment to remove the bars.
- With a sharp knife cut into 16 bars.
Happy Baking and as always, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask. I will do my very best to answer.