Blend Bar by Becel® temporarily located in Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens
You don’t have to know me for long or have visited my site for more than two minutes to know I LOVE to bake and cook.
Rarely a day goes by that I’m not cooking up one experiment or another. Like some sort of culinary mad scientist, I’m often showered in flour and will have every inch of space on the counters and the island piled high with ingredients and tools of the kitchen trade. Could be everything from bowls to molasses, measuring cups to brussel sprouts and knives to nuts.
Although I love to cook and bake, I did worry how all this culinary “love” may be affecting my health and the health of my family.
After doing some research, I was reassured to know that Becel® continues to be committed to providing a range of products that can be delicious and still be a part of a heart-healthier lifestyle.
Did you know, Becel®, recently revealed that the margarine we all know and love is now available with simpler ingredients?
This is Master Blender Rose Reisman at the Blend Bar. Using a few simple pantry ingredients like: canola oil and sunflower oil, carrot juice (for colour) and lemon juice she make fresh, homemade margarine in under 15 minutes. Can you believe it?
The Becel® you love with simpler ingredients is made with a master blend of oils taken from pressed sunflower and Canadian canola seeds. It’s perfect for everyday spreading, frying, cooking and baking, so you can feel good about serving your family the great taste of Becel.
Becel® margarine with simpler ingredients:
- It’s made from a blend of plant and seed oils–including Becel’s Master Blend of sunflower and Canadian canola oil–that provide a source of good Omega 3 polyunsaturated fats that our bodies need.
- It has no artificial preservatives, flavours or colours, which means you can feel good about choosing Becel® margarine as part of your heart healthy lifestyle.
- It has a great taste your family will love and can be used for cooking, baking, frying, sautéing and spreading.
- It contains no trans-fat and has 80% less saturated fat than butter.
- Becel® is versatile and can replace butter 1:1 in any recipe.
Until March 20, 2016, if you live nearby or happen to be visiting the Greater Toronto area be sure to drop by the at Blend Bar by Becel® located in Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens. There you can watch the Master Blender at work and taste the fresh margarine which is blended on the spot.
At the Blend Bar by Becel®:
- You’ll see how plant and seed oils, like Becel’s Master Blend of Canadian canola and sunflower oil, are blended to create soft, non-hydrogenated margarine.
- You can learn about the blending process and discover how margarine can be made from simple ingredients that can be found in your kitchen, like seed and plant oils.
Dates: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 – Sunday, March 20, 2016
Times: Mon-Fri: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sat-Sun: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Whether you’re actively managing what you eat or are simply looking for an easy way to help love your heart every day, there’s a Becel® product that’s right for you.