Even though we live on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, we don’t eat as much fish as we should. Kind of ironic isn’t it? Well, we have tried to remedy this and have recently made this recipe for Parmesan Crusted Baked Haddock, not once, but twice. It is that good!
It’s really easy to make too. You just put a few simple ingredients in a bowl, give them a stir, spread over the fish, top with some crumbs, bake and voilà, a delicious main. Just add a starch (we did oven roasted potatoes, may as well use that oven!), some veggies or a salad and you are all set to go.
I just picked these fresh fillets up from the seafood department of our local grocery store.
Not sure why I didn’t take a picture of the mayonnaise mixture as I made it? Anyway, it’s simple to do and once it is all stirred just divide among the fillets. Then using the back of the spoon spread to cover the fish.
Sprinkle on the Panko or whatever you are using for the crumbs.
Top with a lemon slice (or two) on the thickest part of the fillet. Add a sprig or two of dill or if like me you used all your dill…lol, parsley or thyme works well too! (Or you can easily omit this step.)
Hot from the oven!
The mayonnaise and parmesan cheese add such a delectable richness to the fish.
- 4 or 5 fresh haddock fillets
- ½ cup of a real mayonnaise (I used low-fat Hellman's)
- Juice of one lemon
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¾ cup crumbs (I used Panko but unsalted cracker crumbs or dried fine bread crumbs would also work well)
- ⅓ tsp finely chopped dill
- lemon slices
- Dill, thyme or parsley sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, using a spoon, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, chopped dill and salt & pepper.
- Pat haddock dry; arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Divide the prepared mayonnaise mixture evenly among the haddock fillets and using back of a spoon, spread in an even layer over the fish.
- Top each fillet with crumbs, chopped dill, a slice or two of lemon and a sprig of dill.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes of until opaque and flakes easily.
Even though it is so easy to prepare, this recipe for Parmesan Crusted Baked Haddock is definitely dinner party worthy! (Shhh…don’t worry, I won’t tell how simple it is to prepare!)
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.
What is your favourite fish?
What is your favourite way to prepare fish?