I find something very comforting about the autumn of the year. The hectic but fun, lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer have become fond memories and life seems to reset. Everything goes back to normal.
The weather is cooler and we have traded lemonade, corn on the cob and barbecuing for leisurely pot roasts, homemade bread and slow-cooked stews.
There is another reason I love the change of seasons, there is always a new PC Insiders Collection available. I love to browse through them and plan how to incorporate new and exciting seasonal recipes and products.
President’s Choice has just recently introduced the new Fall PC® Insiders Collection.
You can browse through the new products and start saving them to build your own collection. Whether it’s carrot harissa dip, chicken & vegetable potstickers or delicious maple coffee, they have all the must-try products to fit any occasion.
Just one of the many recipes that I love in the Fall PC® Insiders Collection is the one for Overnight Steel Cut Oats with Chia. Organic certified whole grain oats – or groats – have taken yumminess as well as the convenience to the next level.
- ½ cup (125 mL) PC Organics Steel Cut Oats
- ¼ cup (50 mL) PC Organics Black Chia Seed
- 1-½ cups (375 mL) PC Organics Original Unsweetened Fortified Almond Beverage
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) PC Organics 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175 mL) toasted and coarsely chopped PC Organics Natural Walnuts Halves and Pieces
- ¾ cup (175 mL) fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup (175 mL) sliced fresh peaches
- Place oats and chia in 1-litre mason jar. Screw metal lid on and shake to combine.
- Bring the almond beverage, maple syrup, salt and 1 cup (250 mL) water to a boil in small saucepan; immediately pour over oat mixture.
- Screw lid on tightly to close. Holding jar in a tea towel, shake gently to combine.
- Let stand on counter 10 minutes, shaking once or twice.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours. (Make-ahead: store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
Calories 340 cal
Fat 19 g
Sodium 330 mg
Carbohydrate 37 g
Fibre 8 g
Protein 8 g
Very high in fibre
Steel cut oats take a while to cook stovetop. This mason jar method is a great timesaver and results in a consistency like soaked muesli. This one is topped with blueberries and peaches, but you could use raspberries and apples or any other combination that you and your family like.
So you too can try some of the amazing products featured in the new Fall PC® Insiders Collection, PC® is giving one lucky reader of OMSY a $50.00 PC® Gift Card!
DATES – Giveaway closes at 11:59PM on October 28th, 2016
ELIGIBILITY – Open to all residents of Canada 18+
TO ENTER – Using the Giveaway Tools form below, simply follow the instructions, complete the mandatory entry, (which unlocks the optional entries), plus any or all the optional entries for your chance to win this prize! Good luck!