The Christmas holidays are easily one of my favourite times of the year. However, this year is going to be a little different for us. Our daughter is living in a remote area of the Northwest Territories and won’t be home for the holidays.
I think she is missing many of our family traditions like baking together, decorating the tree and the house, going out for a festive dinner with a group of family and close friends, Christmas at the market, apple cider and pumpkin spice lattes and the general hustle and bustle of the season.
So this year, I want to do something special to bring Christmas at home, a little closer to her.
I had the idea to take photos of some of our favourite Christmas activities and then clip them to a piece of twine. She can use this bunting as garland on her Christmas tree or it would also look beautiful swagged over the mantle in her living room. Some little snippets of home for the holidays! Although we will talk and text lots, Skype and Facetime…this will, hopefully, make her a little less homesick.
And, I found the perfect tool to turn this idea into a reality, the wireless instax SHARE™ SP-2 Printer.
All I did was snap some photos, you can use your Instax mini 8 camera (and get instant printouts) or your smartphone, I did a combination of both.
It’s really simple. Trust me, I’m electronically challenged and if I can do it anyone can!
All you do is select your best shots from your smartphone. If you wish, you can do all sorts of editing of your pics within the app. Then get your instax prints by simply transferring the shots from the app to SP-2 via Wi-Fi connection.
The nifty little wireless instax SHARE™ SP-2 Printer will have your photo in your hands in just 10 seconds! You can also print images from your Instagram and Facebook accounts!
Like I mentioned earlier, I am no expert. My hubby had it all figured out in about two seconds, but I’m a bit of a stubborn Taurus, so I wanted to figure it out by myself. The manual that came with the printer had all the information you will need. But, if like me, you are a bit of a visual learner, watch this quick video and you will be good to go!
The Instax SHARE™ SP-2 Printer features:
- High-speed printing in 10 seconds
- A new laser exposure system achieves a faster printing time of 10 seconds from print data transfer to print output. At the same time, printing noise is lower which makes your printing experience much more enjoyable.
- Superb image quality
- High resolution with print pixels of 800×600 dots, at 320dpi, shows detailed gradations and facial expressions in a full-length portrait, print characters, and detailed photo subjects more clearly.
- Instax technology excels in color development and preservation.
The instax system develops colors by delivering the light to pigments and producing chemical reactions.
It reduces the deterioration of color and sharpness caused by aging which proves excellent image stability just like silver-halide photographic prints. (These are NOT like the prints from your grandmother’s old instant camera!)
- Other features
- High luminance LED indicating the film and battery status.
- Reprint button allows you to share the same print with others.
- Equipped with a rechargeable battery to charge via micro USB port.
For the garland I was making for my daughter, after printing the images I wanted to use some cute, wooden clothespins to attach the photos to a piece of medium weight twine. (You could also use a length of ribbon in a festive colour.)
Not only are the printed images a great idea for Christmas you could easily customize your photos to fit any holiday, wedding, family gathering, special event or birthday. These photos will definitely be a treasured memento for years to come!
If you are looking for a useful, fun and unique gift for someone special in your life, this Instax SHARE™ SP-2 Printer should be at the top of your “must buy” list!
Who on your shopping list would love this little wireless printer? What would you do with the prints from the Instax SP-2 Printer?
GROUP GIVEAWAY – 1 Instax mini 8 camera, 1 Instax SP-2 Printer and film –
approximately a $350 value.
END DATE – Giveaway ends on December 19th at 11:59pmEST .
ELIGIBILITY – Open to Canada 18+ excluding Quebec.
TWITTER PARTY DETAILS
Don’t forget to RSVP (below) for the fabulous #InstaxHolidays Twitter Party…it is going to be EPIC!
Date: December 15th 9pm EST
Prizing: $3500 Value – 15 Amazing Prizes!
- One Grand Prize: SP-2/camera/film prize pack (SP-2 + X70 Camera + 1 Pack of Regular Film)
- Two Prize Winners of – SP-2 + Xmas pack (2x$270)
- SP-2 + Holiday Bundle (3 Packs of Film and 20 Border stickers)
- 4 Prize Winners of – mini 70 + Xmas pack (4x$200)
- Mini 70 + Holiday Bundle (3 Packs of Regular Film and 20 Border stickers)
- Eight Prize Winners of – mini 8 + Xmas pack (8x$130)
- Mini 8 + Holiday Bundle (3 Packs of Regular Film and 20 Border stickers)
Disclosure: I am participating in the FujiFilm campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.