It is mid-March and even though…THIS…happened overnight, I am still hopeful that spring is on the way!
The days are getting longer, the temperatures are getting into the “plus” column and the sun is starting to emit some heat…not a lot of heat, mind you, but definitely things are warming up. I have even seen some brave robins flying among the trees in our backyard.
I don’t know about you, but I am longing for barbecues, beaches and sipping a glass of something cold on the back deck.
If like me, you are hoping to jumpstart this season, President’s Choice® has just the collection. They are bringing back the warmth of spring with some new, not to be missed, “Must Trys” from the PC Insiders Collection.
This recipe for Cod and Dill Fish Cakes with Spring Pea Salad is simple to throw together and can be easily doubled to suit your family. Finish it off with, No-Bake Lemon Kefir Mini Cheesecakes (make first or the night before to allow for chilling time) and you have a delicious dinner on the table in record time!
Tucked into each of the crispy PC® Cod and Dill Fish Cakes is a pocket of creamy sauce, meaning each bite gets a taste of mild, buttery cod and bold dill. Use light pressure when zesting the lemon for the salad dressing—you only want to scrape off the yellow zest, as the white pith underneath is bitter.
- 1 pkg (290 g) frozen PC® Melt in the Middle Sustainably Sourced Cod Fish Cakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) frozen PC® Petits Pois Small Sweet Peas
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) PC® New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch (0.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) thinly sliced fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place frozen fish cakes on baking sheet. Bake 30 to 32 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, bring small saucepan of water to a boil. Add snap peas and sweet peas; bring to a simmer and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until chilled; set aside.
- Whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add snap peas, sweet peas, radishes and mint; toss gently to coat. Serve with fish cakes.
TIP: Tucked into each of the crispy PC® Cod and Dill Fish Cakes is a pocket of creamy sauce, meaning each bite gets a taste of mild, buttery cod and bold dill.
Creamy kefir and bright lemon curd give these single-serving cheesecakes a bold tangy flavour that’s a delicious departure from overly sweet desserts. Feel free to swap out the blueberries and coconut for other toppings, such as sliced fresh strawberries and basil or diced mango, mint and macadamia nuts.
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC® Blue Menu™ Granola Cereal
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup (175 mL) PC® Spoonable Vanilla Kefir
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) PC® black label™ Lemon Curd Fruit Filling and Dessert Topping
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) PC® Spoonable Vanilla Kefir
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Crust: Pulse granola, margarine, sugar and cinnamon in food processor until crumbs form and mixture begins to stick together. Divide among four 1-cup (250 mL) wide-mouth mason jars with lids, pressing firmly into bottoms. Wipe out food processor.
- Filling: Pulse cream cheese, kefir and honey in food processor until smooth. Spoon over crusts, dividing evenly. Lightly tap bottoms of jars on counter to evenly distribute filling.
- Topping: Whisk lemon curd with kefir in small bowl. Spoon over filling, dividing evenly. Lightly tap bottoms of jars on counter. Top with blueberries and coconut, dividing evenly. Cover with lids; refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
Make your life easier and surprise your taste buds with the bright new flavours of spring with the PC® Insiders Collection™.
You can find these and many more recipes ideas on:
Community ~ #PCInsidersCollection
WIN IT – $50.00President’s Choice Gift Card
END DATE – Mar 31, 2017, at 11:59 PM AT
ELIGIBILITY – Open TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA, 18+
TO ENTER – Using the Rafflecopter form below, simply follow the instructions, complete the mandatory entry, (which unlocks the optional entries), plus any or all the optional entries for your chance to win this amazing prize! Good luck!