It’s time to Hop into Spring with Kellogg’s ~ Compared to the epic winter of a couple of years ago, when we received 17 feet of snow. Yes, you read that correctly, 17 FEET, this past winter, here on the east coast, we escaped relatively unscathed. We had a few snowstorms, but nothing compared to the snowmageddon of 2015.
The sights and sounds of spring’s arrival have been in full force these past couple weeks. The perennials are cautiously poking their heads through the soil and the birds have been singing at the top of their glorious little lungs!
My kiddos are older so I decided to make some classic Rice Krispies squares using the Spring Edition cereal…look how cute they are! Perfect for popping in a lunch bag.
We are so happy to finally feel some warmth in the sun, open some windows, do a little gardening or just sit on the deck relaxing.
With Easter right around the corner, it’s time to think of all the yummy treats we want to make to celebrate.
Thankfully, Kellogg’s has you covered with lots of great ideas for some easy to make treats that the entire family will enjoy. So even when April showers rain down, you can hippity-hop indoors to make Rice Krispies creations like Spring Edition traditional Rice Krispies Squares, Egg Nests, Easter Mice, Rice Krispies Easter Flowers or a Large Emoji Bunny!
- 60ml or ¼ cup margarine or butter
- 2 ml or ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies Spring Edition cereal
- 250g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- Frosting for decoration
- Miniature marshmallows for decoration
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in Kellogg's Rice Krispies Spring Edition cereal until well coated.
- Using a lightly buttered spatula, press into a buttered 3.5 L (13"x9") pan.
- To make an 18cm high bunny, shape 31/2 cups of mixture for head and 2 cups of mixture for the ears.
- Join head and ears with toothpicks to create a bunny.
- Create eyes, nose, and buttons with miniature marshmallows and gumdrop halves.
- Use icing to decorate with a smile
- STOVE TOP METHOD
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
This Easter put a spring in your step by visiting the Yummy Recipes – Special Occasions section on www.ricekrispies.ca, and the Rice Krispies Canada Pinterest Page at pinterest.com/RiceKrispiesCA/ for treat-making inspiration.
Be sure to share your creations on your social media channels with the hashtag #RiceKrispiesSpring
WIN – A Hop into Spring Kellogg’s prize package so you can make some yummy treats!
DATES – Giveaway closes at 11:59 PM on April 23rd, 2017
ELIGIBILITY – Open to residents of Canada 18+
TO ENTER – Using the Giveaway Tools form below, simply follow the instructions, complete the mandatory entry, (which unlocks the optional entries), plus any or all the optional entries for your chance to win this prize!
Good luck everyone!