One of my favourite times of the year, the Christmas holidays are quickly approaching. It’s funny, but when I think about Christmas, my thoughts are never about gifts, either given or received.
My memories always centre on things like family gatherings, seeing old friends, the smell of a delicious Christmas dinner cooking. The emotions a special ornament can evoke as you carefully remove it from storage and hold it gently in your hand for the first time since last season. These are the things that make Christmas special for me.
Something I really love doing during the holidays, is entertaining. I know exactly what you’re thinking, WHAT!! on top of all the shopping, cooking and decorating, you want to entertain? Trust me, it doesn’t need to be difficult!
Canadian Turkey can help you make delicious food that is easy and healthy to prepare and is sure to wow your guests! Making memories over a festive meal with family and friends is the greatest way to celebrate the season.
Whether you’re a novice cook, new to feeding a crowd or a seasoned pro in the kitchen, Canadian Turkey can help you create show-stopping dishes and give you the tips and tricks you need to create delicious and memorable meals.
Finding meal solutions that will help you easily feed a crowd is the best way to prepare for those holiday get-togethers. Canadian turkey makes the perfect feature dish for your entertaining menus.
Preparing an amazing classic roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings is time worth taking to create the perfect festive celebration for your many guests. It’s a very economical way to feed a crowd, and you can also count on leftovers to make some fast and healthy dishes during those busy days when you have your hands full. There’s nothing better than having some delectable dishes on hand for the rest of the week or stashing some pre-made meals in the freezer for another busy weeknight during the holidays.
With so many options, it’s easy to make Canadian turkey the star of your holiday season. You can get creative with a new recipe or stick with your traditional go-tos using leftover turkey or trying new turkey cuts. Either way, there are many ways to prepare turkey and make it your own.
Choosing to cook with Canadian turkey is a perfect way to add a lighter twist to your tried and true recipes. It’s versatile enough to include as a main ingredient in any of your favourite appetizers and main meals for a crowd-pleasing option.
Why not start with these delectable Turkey Falafel Bites that are easy to prepare and delicious to snack on? They’re the perfect party appetizer and a great source of lean protein too. Your guests will rave over this gorgeous and healthy dish. Read on for more great ways to include Canadian turkey when you plan your next festive event!
5 Great Ways to Use Turkey in Any of Your Favourite Appetizer and Party Meal Recipes:
- Sub in ground turkey meat for the ground meat in any of your favourite meatball recipes.
- Turkey breast pairs well with Thai flavours so you can substitute it in any rice wrap recipe.
- Use turkey sausage for a lighter version of traditional sausage rolls.
- Mix chopped turkey breast with mustard, mayo and cranberries and fill up phyllo or wonton cups.
- Choose turkey to make a lighter, protein-packed version of crowd pleasers like crostini, flatbreads or pizza.
Remember, Canadian Turkey makes your holiday season easy with all the recipes and Turkey Basics you need. Just visit www.canadianturkey.ca to browse the recipe section that’s packed with amazing ideas for full meals and appetizers, and be sure to visit the Whole Turkey and Prep & Serving sections for tips that will help get your turkey prepped and on the table in no time!
PIN IT ~ Turkey Falafel Bites
For more information on delicious Canadian Turkey, you may also wish to follow along on their various sites and social media channels.
Also, keep an eye out for the hashtag #TurkeyTraditions
Prep and Serving information ~ Whole Bird HOW-TOs ~ Nutritional Information ~ Barbequing Turkey ~ Facebook~ Twitter~ Instagram ~ Pinterest ~ YouTube
- 350 gr. ground Canadian turkey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (285 gr) falafel mix
- ½ cup store-bought tzatziki
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup unsalted pistachios
- 1 tbsp honey
- 36 appetizer skewers
- Heat olive oil in a medium-size frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 2-4 minutes until softened and just beginning to brown.
- Add ground turkey, paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook an additional 7-10 minutes, until cooked through and no longer pink. Mix to break up any larger chunks. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare falafel mix according to package directions.
- Add turkey mixture and combine.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Shallow fry or sauté in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook falafel balls until browned, 2 minutes per side.
- Remove and let drain on paper towels until cooled.
- To assemble, spread tzatziki across a large appetizer platter.
- Dot with turkey falafel bites.
- Top each bite with an appetizer skewer.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pistachio nuts and cilantro.
- Drizzle with honey.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored in partnership with Canadian Turkey. As always, all opinions are our own.
WIN – a $75 Amazon e-gift card to help you get holiday ready with Canadian Turkey!
DATES – Giveaway closes at 11:59 PM AT on December 15, 2017
ELIGIBILITY – Open to residents of Canada 18+
TO ENTER – Using the Giveaway Tools form below, simply follow the instructions, complete the mandatory entry, (which unlocks the optional entries), plus any or all the optional entries for your chance to win this prize!
Good luck everyone!