Disclosure: This post is sponsored in partnership with Canadian Turkey. As always, all opinions are our own.
Well…it’s official! We had our first snowfall of the season a few days ago, so I guess I can no longer ignore that winter is indeed on its way. Although I will miss the warmer weather there is something very comforting and cozy about cold winter days. It’s time for ice skating, warm fires, tobogganing and my favourite part, making hearty, healthy and delicious dinners for family and friends. Plus, it will soon be the holiday season, my absolute favourite time of the year!
With the holidays right around the corner, many of us are beginning to make plans for all the upcoming festive get-togethers. Food is at the heart of every celebration, and Canadian Turkey is here to help you get ready for the season with entertaining tips, appetizer recipes, meal suggestions and planning pointers to help you spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying yourself with family and friends.
Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites
This holiday season let Canadian Turkey help you make delicious food that is easy and healthy to prepare and is sure to wow your guests! Making memories over a festive meal with family and friends is the greatest way to celebrate the season. Whether you’re a novice cook, new to feeding a crowd, or a seasoned pro in the kitchen, Canadian Turkey can help you create show-stopping dishes and provide you with the tips and tricks you need to create delicious and memorable meals.
Finding meal solutions that will help you easily feed a crowd is the best way to prepare for those holiday get-togethers. Planning ahead and using valuable shortcuts will help you entertain like a pro. Canadian Turkey has developed a wide variety of recipes that will satisfy all your entertaining needs. Visit canadianturkey.ca to find and bookmark recipes that can feed a crowd, be made ahead of time, go from the freezer to the oven, or that can be served as festive appetizers or starters, so you’ll be prepared for every kind of gathering. Make sure to save your favourites, so you can be party-ready no matter what the occasion or size of the crowd.
To get started, try these delicious Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites for your next cocktail party or pot-luck. You can make the ingredients ahead of time and just put them together on the day you need them.
Serving a larger crowd or planning for that special family gathering? Canadian turkey makes a perfect centrepiece for all your entertaining menus. Preparing an amazing classic roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings is time worth taking to create a festive celebration for any number of guests. You can also count on using leftovers to make some fast and healthy dishes during those busy days when you have your hands full. There’s nothing better than having some delectable dishes on hand for the remainder of the week or stashing some pre-made meals in the freezer for another busy weeknight during the holidays.
Apple, Sage and Shallot Stuffed Holiday Turkey.
With so many options, it’s easy to make Canadian turkey the star of your holiday season. Feel free to get creative with a new recipe or stick with your traditional go-to’s. Either way, there are many ways to prepare turkey and make it your own. It’s versatile enough to include as a main ingredient in any of your favourite appetizers and main meals for a crowd-pleasing option. Read on for more great ways to include Canadian turkey when you plan your next festive event!
8 Tips to Help You Entertain-at-Home Like a Pro
1. Plan on serving dishes that can be made in advance. Crowd-pleasing favourites like casseroles, pastas and stews featuring turkey can be made ahead of time and just re-heated gently to serve.
2. Help your guests avoid the dreaded ‘crash’ that follows a heavy meal and think about serving lighter fare. Turkey makes a great feature meal, feeding a crowd with big flavour, while being a leaner, lighter choice.
3. Consider building your party around a series of appetizers. There are many recipes that can be made ahead of time, like our Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites. Finger foods also mean using fewer dishes and cutlery, saving time when it comes to clean up.
4. Experiment with something other than a formal sit down. A buffet style meal encourages grazing throughout the night, mingling while guests eat and chat, and allows for a more social and relaxed feel. Choose foods that taste great at room temperature, like a stuffed turkey breast or turkey casserole.
5. Get your guests in on the action by hosting a potluck. You provide the crowd-pleasing main dish, like a whole roasted turkey, and then have your guests bring a selection of appetizers, salads and desserts. Guests love to contribute and this will help take the heat off of you.
6. Turkey makes a fantastic substitute in any of your favourite party dishes. Think about ground turkey, turkey breast or turkey sausage in any of your go-to appetizers and mains.
7. Use your handy crock-pot to help you make a crowd-pleasing dish ahead of time. Canadianturkey.ca is filled with crock-pot and make-ahead inspiration. A bonus you’ll love with the crock pot? You can heat and serve all in the same container!
8. Save on the big meal by skipping the beef tenderloin or prime rib and opting for a less expensive cut of meat. A whole turkey will feed a large crowd for just a few dollars per person, making it a budget-friendly choice!
PIN IT – Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites
While you’re here, don’t forget to try our delicious recipe for Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites (BELOW) and to enter the awesome GIVEAWAY, it’s near the bottom of this page.
BONUS – As a special gift, just for our readers and compliments of Canadian Turkey, we have included this FREE DOWNLOADABLE –> Ground Turkey Holiday Appetizers 5 Ways. This is the only appetizer you’ll need this holiday season!
- 2 lbs. ground Canadian turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 140 gr. goat cheese
- ¼ cup mint, torn into small pieces
- In a non-stick pan or skillet, season ground turkey meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sauté until lightly browned and cooked through, 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into 2-inch by 2-inch squares. Press into the bottom of a mini muffin tray. Use a fork to prick holes into the bottom part of the pastry to make your ‘cup’. Cook according to package instructions until barely browned. Set aside to cool. The exact number of bites may vary according to how thin pastry is rolled.
- Fill each pastry cup with ground turkey. Top with a dollop of cranberry sauce and goats cheese.
- Broil on high for 1-2 minutes until cheese is softened.
- Top with mint.
- Serve immediately.
Try - (See FREE downloadable)
Sweet and Spicy:
Ground turkey + red pepper jelly + brie + jalapeno
Ground turkey + jerk sauce + cubed pineapple + cilantro
Ground turkey + pesto + sundried tomato + mozzarella
Ground turkey + mushrooms + onions + cheddar
Looking for additional tips, recipes, Turkey Basics videos and HOW TOs? Follow the hashtag #EntertainWithTurkey and visit canadianturkey.ca for all your cooking inspiration. Canadian Turkey makes your holiday season easy with all the festive recipe suggestions and turkey prep tips you need.
The Year-Round WHOLE TURKEY HOW TO section will help you prepare a whole Canadian turkey for your friends and family for any occasion. And the recipe section is filled with delicious recipes for whole turkey and turkey cuts so you can get tasty, nutritious and versatile turkey on your table every day!
WIN – a $75 Amazon e-gift card for one lucky reader to help you entertain with Canadian turkey!
DATES – Giveaway closes at 11:59 PM AT on December 5, 2018
ELIGIBILITY – Open to residents of Canada 18+.
TO ENTER – Using the Giveaway Tools form below, simply follow the instructions, complete the mandatory entries, (which unlock the optional entries), plus any or all the optional entries for your chance to win this prize.
Best of luck everyone!