It’s no secret at all, that I LOVE muffins! They are perfect as a grab and go breakfast or snack and equally perfect to enjoy while reading the newspaper and leisurely sipping your second (or fourth) cup of hot coffee. In fact, I find it hard to think of anything even remotely negative about muffins.
Over the years, I have made many, many muffins of all sizes and flavours, but this recipe for Banana Nut Oatmeal Muffins definitely ranks very near to the top on my list of all time favourites.
For even portioning and a nice domed top, I always use an ice-cream scoop to transfer the batter from the bowl to the muffin tins.
The muffins below are also on my all-time favourites list!
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (NOT the instant type)
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 ripe bananas, finely mashed (approximately 1 cup mashed banana)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Spray 12 muffin tins.
- Put the first seven ingredients into a large bowl and whisk or stir well with a fork, to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- In a second, smaller bowl, using a fork, beat eggs.
- Add oil, milk and mashed bananas to eggs and stir with a fork to combine. Pour into well, stir gently to moisten all ingredients, don't overmix.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full. (I used an ice-cream scoop)
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
Hope you enjoy these delicious muffins and LOVE their beautiful domed tops!
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask and I will do my very best to answer.