Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins ~ I’m pretty sure most of you are now aware of my “small” obsession with muffins! However, in my defense, I don’t make them as often as I once did. When our kids were little and still lived at home I made muffins way more often than I do now!
I do admit to still loving to make them though! Muffins are so easy to whip up and are such a tasty treat with a cup of hot coffee, that sometimes I just can’t stop myself.
If like me you already have multiple freezer bags full of peeled overripe bananas, this recipe is a great way to use up the bananas that are presently languishing in your fruit bowl.
This recipe for Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins is a combination of a couple of my other muffin recipes and I decided to add in some chocolate chips…because chocolate makes everything better!
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (NOT the instant type)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips but any type would work)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 ripe bananas, finely mashed (approximately 1 cup mashed banana)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Spray 12 muffin tins.
- Put the first six ingredients in a large bowl and whisk or stir well with a fork, to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Make a well in the centre.
- In a second, smaller bowl, using a fork, beat eggs.
- Add oil, milk and mashed bananas to eggs and stir with a fork to combine.
- Pour into well, stir gently to moisten all ingredients, don't overmix.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full. (I used an ice-cream scoop)
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
PIN IT – Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
I hope you enjoy these delicious muffins and LOVE their beautiful domed tops as much as I do. (Such a small thing should not make me so happy…hahahahaha!)
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask and I will do my very best to answer.
If you are interested in some more great muffin recipes? You may want to check these out: