Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins ~ I have a confession to make, I am totally addicted to making muffins and will very often make them several times a week!
I recently had a container of sour cream that was soon due to expire. So, as any muffinaholic would do, I started wracking my brain for muffin recipes that use sour cream…and blueberries. Blueberries, because I have ten pounds of gorgeous, wild, Pennfield blueberries stored in my freezer.
I found this recipe tucked away in my totally unorganized baggie of recipe cards. They are super easy to make and result in a spectacular muffin that is moist, delicious and light as a feather!
I have used this basic recipe on many occasions and just modified it a bit. I have used other fruit, such as, cranberries, rhubarb and strawberries, as well as, making these with chocolate chips. The muffins have all turned out beautifully!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- Optional - Sparkling sugar (large sugar crystals to sprinkle on muffins prior to baking)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and spray 12 large muffin cups or line with cupcake papers.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl whisk eggs and gradually add sugar, continue whisking until pale yellow in colour.
- Continue whisking while slowly pouring in oil and vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture, alternating with the sour cream.
- Gently fold in blueberries
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- If using, sprinkle each muffin with sparkling sugar
- Bake in preheated oven for ~ 20 minutes.
Do you and your family like muffins?
Do you eat them for breakfast or a snack?
What are your favourite types to make or to eat?