If you know me well, you’ll know that I enjoy spending time with family, sharing food with friends and making wonderful memories with those I love. No matter the season, I always try to connect with the people who matter most to me.
Unfortunately, that also means my schedule is often super busy! They’re jammed packed with family reunions and gatherings with friends often accompanied by rich, delicious food – which can lead to stress and very often gastrointestinal issues such as abdominal cramping and upset stomachs.
Check out what Family Physician, Doctor Ted Jablonski had to say:
“Food sensitivities and stress can be common triggers for gut cramps, especially during the holidays. It’s important to listen to your body, avoid your personal triggers and seek a solution like Buscopan® which targets and treats abdominal spasms and the associated pain.”
Having abdominal cramps and an upset stomach may cause you to miss out on fun times, family get-togethers and so much delicious food….and nobody wants that to happen!
So, here are some steps you need to take if this occurs:
1. UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN
Many people have a hard time understanding the cause of their stomach pain. Speaking with a healthcare professional will help you gain a better understanding of your condition and symptoms, and help you learn that there is a specific treatment that can quickly ease your discomfort.
- Stomach cramps are caused by sudden, strong tightening of muscles in the stomach and intestines. When you treat the condition with appropriate medication, the muscles will relax, and that quickly & safely eases the pain.
- Food and stress can be common triggers for stomach and gut cramps. It’s important to listen to your body and obtain the advice of a professional to best address the cramps.
- The organs of the abdomen, i.e. digestive tract, are very sensitive to everything we eat; so food allergies, intolerances or sensitivities may lead to mild to severe abdominal pain or cramping.
- Antispasmodic medication specifically relieves mild to severe belly pain and discomfort due to cramps and spasms.
2. TARGET YOUR PAIN
Different pains call for different treatments. Buscopan® targets the pain at the source and provides relief of stomach cramping.
- When consumers treat their stomach cramping, they are not always sure they are choosing the correct treatment path and often seek the advice and reassurance of a healthcare professional.
- Over 90 percent of women suffer from belly pain at least sometimes with an important impact on their quality of life. For individuals suffering from stomach cramping, Buscopan®, derived from plants, is an antispasmodic medication which best targets and resolves cramping pain. Once you recognize the problem is stomach cramping, choose a product that targets and treats the problem – not masks it. The right solution is one that relaxes the muscles causing the pain.
- Buscopan® targets the pain by calming the muscles in the digestive tract. It works to calm cramping muscles and bring relief from stomach cramping.
- Buscopan® has been helping Canadians who suffer from stomach cramping for over 40 years.
Buscopan® is available from your pharmacist without a prescription. Ask your local pharmacist about Buscopan® ( It’s kept behind the counter).
Be sure to arm yourself with the right information to identify any stomach cramping issues! You need to recognize the triggers that could be causing the pain and seek the correct solution should you need one. By doing this you will be able to enjoy all the holiday festivities with those that matter most!
To learn more, visit Buscopan.ca or speak with your pharmacist.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored in partnership with Buscopan®. As always, all opinions are our own.