These are the easiest and simplest cookies you will ever bake, but they taste like you have slaved in the kitchen over a hot stove all afternoon. Honestly, you may as well throw a bit of flour and sugar around the kitchen, because no one will believe you made these Cake Mix Cookies so quickly!
I used to make these all the time when my kids were little, but I forgot about them and hadn’t baked them in years. I was flipping through my big ziplock bag of recipes (really, that is where I keep many of my treasured, handwritten recipes) when I came across this one, I couldn’t resist baking them.
This is it for ingredients! I don’t have the peanut butter chips pictured, they were a last-minute addition.
You just beat the peanut butter, eggs, water and butter until creamy.
Add the cake mix.
Stir in the cake mix until it is all combined with the peanut butter mixture.
If using, stir in the peanut butter chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoon or small scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets.
Dip the fork into flour and tap it on the edge of the dish to remove any excess.
Using the lightly floured fork press each cookie to flatten slightly and add fork markings. You can make a criss-cross pattern or put the markings side by side like I have done.
The resulting cookie reminds me of a traditional peanut butter cookie. It is soft and delicious!
- Yellow/Golden Cake Mix - two layer size
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use smooth but crunchy should work too)
- 1½ cups peanut butter chips - optional
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, water and butter and beat until creamy.
- Add cake mix and stir to combine.
- If using, add peanut butter chips and stir to combine.
- Drop by slightly rounded tablespoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet..
- (I used a small scoop. I checked it all over for the measurement but could not find it anywhere. I used water to determine its measurement and it was approximately 1¼ tablespoons)
- Using a lightly floured fork, press each cookie to flatten slightly and to make a
- criss-cross pattern on the top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden
- Makes about 36 cookies
As always, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask and I will do my very best to answer.
What is your favourite cookie?