These Carrot Cupcakes are dense, moist and delicious. They are perfect for Easter dinner, or if you simply omit the Easter egg decorations, they are perfect for birthdays, parties or any special occasion.
I have a wonderful recipe for Carrot Cake. I have made for many, many years and it is one of my requested recipes. I recently decided to try the recipe as a cupcake and the result was fabulous.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 - 398ml. (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple - well drained
- 1 cup coconut
- CREAM CHEESE ICING -
- 250g (8 ounces) cream cheese - softened
- ½ cup butter - softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups icing (confectioners) sugar
- DECORATION -
- 72 candy coasted chocolate eggs
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- In a large bowl sift together the first five ingredients.
- Add sugar, oil, eggs and mix well.
- Blend in the carrots, pineapple, nuts and coconut.
- Scoop into 24 paper lined cupcake tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for approximately 20 - 25 minutes, check often as times will vary depending on oven. .
- FROST WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING -
- Beat softened cream cheese, butter and vanilla well.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating until fluffy
- If necessary, refrigerate until frosting is fairly stiff.
- TO TOAST COCONUT -
- Put coconut into a dry non-stick skillet
- Toast over medium heat, stirring constantly until coconut is lightly browned. Cool.
- ASSEMBLY -
- Using a large icing tip, pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle each frosted cupcake with a ring of coconut to make a "nest". Place 3 eggs in each nest.
- STORE CUPCAKES IN REFRIGERATOR UNTIL READY TO SERVE.
As always, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask and I will do my very best to answer.
What are your Easter traditions?
Is there a special dessert that you like to make to have with Easter dinner?
Ham or Turkey, what do you usually have? We seem to vary from year to year. This Easter we are going to have turkey and all the trimmings!