I am very excited to announce that I was chosen as a 2017 brand ambassador for Bayer. As a brand ambassador, I have been compensated for this post. However, as always, all opinions expressed are my own.
I really don’t mind the winter months. Now is the time of year for turning on the heat, cozying up in front of a crackling fire or enjoying the warmth of a wood stove. Let’s face it, there is nothing as magical as sitting in front of a roaring fire while watching a white, fluffy snow blanket the ground!
However, there is one thing about the cooler days and nights that I don’t enjoy. Dry air!
As the cold weather moves in, humidity levels naturally drop. That’s because cold air can’t hold as much moisture as warm air.
Our natural protective barriers rely on moisture and exposure to dry air can cause many discomforts to you and your family including skin dehydration. During the winter months especially, I’m pretty sure many of us have experienced dry, irritated and itchy skin. I know I have and it is super annoying!
When you combine low humidity levels with too many holiday treats or late nights catching up with friends and family at holiday gatherings, you may be left feeling more frazzled than fresh!
The good news is, it’s relatively easy to get back on track. January is the perfect time to commit to new habits to help you look and feel great.
Daily Tips to Look and Feel Great in 2017
- Stay Hydrated
- One of the simplest fixes you can make to your beauty routine is to swap out pop for water. say drinking water can help prevent dehydration-induced wrinkles.
- TIP: Try setting reminders in your calendar to fill up your glass with water every couple of hours. Give it a couple of weeks, and it will become routine!
- Stay Moisturized
- Silky smooth skin is the first step in a beauty routine. The Dermal Therapy line of moisturizers helps restore your skin’s moisture with elements similar to those found naturally in healthy skin.
- TIP: Make it part of your shower routine to moisturize. After a hectic day, the shower may feel like a relaxing oasis. Extend that feeling by taking the time to moisturize after each shower.
- Get enough sleep
- If you get less than six hours sleep, it’s likely affecting your appearance and you may notice wrinkles, dark circles or puffy eyes. It even changes your facial expressions; you tend to furrow your brow and frown more when you’re tired.
- TIP: Set an alarm for bedtime. You set an alarm to get out of bed in the morning. Use the same approach to make sure you get to bed early enough at night!
- Enjoy more good hair days
- While in the winter you can hide under toques and scarves, January is the time to start thinking about your spring hair. When the weather warms up your mane will be on full display. You should take steps now to be ready. PRIORIN® is a supplement that supplies the hair with millet extract, the amino acid L-cystine and calcium pantothenate, which in combination has been clinically shown to promote hair growth and hair re-growth. PRIORIN® also contains the nutrient biotin, which helps to maintain healthy hair. Take 2 capsules daily with food for 3-6 months.
- TIP: Make it a part of your breakfast or lunch routine so you remember to take supplements daily.
“To make sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.”
What about you? Do you have any tips, tricks or daily routines that you would like to share on how to look and feel great in 2017?
Disclosure: As a 2017 brand ambassador for Bayer I have been compensated for this post. However, as always, all opinions expressed are my own.