Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Blondie Bars ~ I can hardly believe that in just a few days, Santa arrives! Are you all ready for the big day? I am not! However; somehow, someway, it will all be finished before the 25th.
This is such a fun, but busy time of the year. I love to bake and have already made a big batch of Pecan & Cranberry Sandies, as well as a large pan of Christmas themed Hello Dolly Squares.
I was looking for one more sweet to have tucked away in the freezer when I came across this recipe for Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Blondie Bars. C’mon, just reading the name of the recipe I can tell they will be totally decadent!
Another thing that I often like to do when I have baked is to package up a few treats for family or friends. The gift of baking is perfect for anyone who otherwise would have no home cooking to enjoy. It is a gift from the heart and it’s easy to wrap up a batch for someone you love.
Chocolate, more chocolate and butter. You know these bars will be amazing! I may, or may not have stuck my finger into that glorious stream of molten chocolate!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pkg. PC Blondie Bars Mix
- 1 cup PC Speculoos Cookie Butter
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 PC Dark Chocolate 70% tablet, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8” baking pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the edges slightly.
- Whisk together egg and water.
- Whisk in butter.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula stir in cinnamon and blondie mix (set aside the chocolate chips from the package) until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press into bottom of the pan. (I found using my fingers worked well)
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Soften the cookie butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Beat in the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread over the cooled blondies.
- Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate, reserved chocolate chips and butter in the microwave just until it starts to melt.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over the bars.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Lift out the parchment to remove the bars.
- With a sharp knife cut into 16 bars.
Happy Baking and as always, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask. I will do my very best to answer.