We make this delicious Seafood Linguine two or three times a year; almost always to mark a special occasion such as a birthday, Christmas or a family celebration. It isn’t difficult to make and we usually all gather in the kitchen with a glass of wine and everyone pitches in to help.
You can vary the seafood to suit your own tastes; we always have lobster, scallops and shrimp but will sometimes add crab meat and chunks of salmon or a white fish. Just put in a variety of seafood your family enjoys and it will be perfect!
A reader pointed out that I still had the shallots and garlic (along with the scallops) in the pan. Which is not as the recipe was written. She was just very sweetly asking for clarification.
To clarify, you are indeed supposed to move them to a bowl to avoid overcooking. Although when I took the picture above, I must have been a little lazy as I obviously hadn’t as yet moved them. I am so sorry for any confusion.
- 500g (1 lb) Linguine pasta
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 large shallots, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1½ cups whipping cream (35% milk fat)
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 can frozen lobster pieces, thawed and broken into pieces (alternately, you could use a cup or so of fresh cooked and cut up lobster meat.)
- 12 -15 large scallops, foot removed
- 2 cups frozen, pre-cooked shrimp, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large frying pan.
- Add shallots and saute until clear, add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute then transfer to a bowl.
- Add more butter if necessary,cook scallops until lightly browned on both sides (approximately 2-3 minutes per side)
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente, drain and reserve ⅛ cup pasta water.
- Add lobster, shrimp, cream and shallots/garlic mixture to pan with scallops.
- Heat over medium/low temperature until cream comes to a low simmer.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and parsley to seafood mixture, keep warm.
- Add cooked linguine and pasta water to seafood mixture, stir and serve immediately.
- *TIP* – Heat dinner bowls/plates and serving bowl
Hope you enjoy this delicious indulgence! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.