I first had these super simple to make Skor Squares way back in 2004 or 2005. One of my colleagues would often bring them in to work. We would have them as a little treat with afternoon coffee or just grab one to munch on as we walked past her desk.
We all raved about how good they were and she always told us how simple they were to make. Not sure we really believed anything so tasty could be so easy; that is until she brought in the recipe. There are only four ingredients!
Only four ingredients; does it get any easier than that? Please don’t judge me, that is a can of frosting you see, trying its best to hide behind that tin of condensed milk! (If only it didn’t have that red lid) You can of course make your own cream cheese frosting, which would be delicious, but not nearly as quick!
I smile to myself every time I look at this photo. It looks like someone, I guess that would be me, hurled the knife at high-speed into the poor unsuspecting bag of Ritz crackers. I can just imagine it flipping through the air and then piercing the bag. (Geez…Music Man is right…I do have a very unusual and active imagination.)
As if stabbing these poor crackers wasn’t bad enough, now you need to take something heavy, like a rolling-pin, and pound the living daylights out of them. You don’t want to make them super fine, it’s okay to have a few pieces that are a bit bigger. (I promise, until I put them in the oven, this is the last nasty thing I will do to these poor crackers.)
Pour the crushed crackers and Skor bits into a mixing bowl. Stir them well to combine. (So far, only two ingredients.)
Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the crackers and Skor bits, mix well to combine. (Only three ingredients!)
Once completely combined, pack into prepared baking dish. I find the back of a larger spoon works really well for this, but you could also use an offset spatula.
Bake until the edges of the mixture are just getting golden.
Frost when completely cooled.
I like to line my pan with parchment, that way, when I want to cut them, I just lift out the parchment and move the squares to a cutting board. So much easier than trying to cut the squares while they are in the pan.
Trust me, these will be the hit of your next potluck, baby shower or family gathering! Not one person will suspect how easy these Skor Squares were to make.
- 1 regular size box Ritz Crackers
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 bag Skor pieces (200gm)
- 1 can Cream Cheese Frosting (or you can make your own if you prefer...but this is so easy!)
- Preheat oven to degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease 9" x 13 " pan or line it with parchment
- Release air from cracker bag by puncturing bag with a knife and crush Ritz crackers into small pieces.
- Put cracker pieces in a large bowl.
- Add Skor pieces. Stir
- Add can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir
- Pack into prepared baking pan
- press down and even out the surface.
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Chill and cut into squares.
- Store in fridge.